Hello, my fellow creator!
It’s been a while since we’ve chatted, but nonetheless, I wanted to say “Hi” and reconnect.
Being an artist can be difficult for someone who is really social (guilty as charged,) because of all the time spent sitting alone, at your art desk or on the couch with your iPad, making beautiful pieces for other people to enjoy. . . By yourself.
That’s why you need a good community to plug into. Here are some resources to help you on your journey:
- Try starting your own artist group with people you know, either in person or online.
- Join an existing group on Facebook, Learn with Steph Fizer Coleman, or join a Challenge like 12X12.
- Sign up for online workshops or conferences with organizations like the SCBWI or
- Stay up to date with what’s going in children’s publishing with KidLit 411.
- Take some classes on 21 Draw, SVS Learn, or from one of the best in animation: Aaron Blaise.
Staying connected is essential to your flourishing, not only as an artist, but as a human being. So, go be awesome and make some connections!
Action ItemThink about your current project. What is the one thing you can do right now that will make the biggest difference? Do that thing.
See you soon,